[Phpwm] field widths

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri May 5 13:08:57 BST 2006

> > Is there a way in PHP of easily reading the char width of a MySQL table
> > field?
>
> mysql_list_fields()
>

> Regards,
>
> Rob...

That looks like the nearest, I was looking at that one last night, but it
would need to have quite a bit around it to post process the data just down
to a number for use in the field. Might write a page to run as a cron later
to get it to write it into the config file.
Its one of those things that is more annoying than really needed as there
are so many forms writing into the tables that have to be updated if I alter
anything.

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales director

** http://www.diygear.com THE Online DIY Toolstore For DIY & Business
** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 458 4894 (office) 0121 441 3558 (home) 07801 548464
(mobile)