[Phpwm] MVC in PHP

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Tue May 16 10:48:20 BST 2006

How many of you uses MVC when developing PHP web applications?

At the PHPWM meeting it was interesting to learn more about the Smarty
templating system, especially the fact that it is being used in large scale
applications. Smarty is something that I had never serious considered using
before. I have decided now is a good time to reflect on how I write my PHP
applications and the pro's and con's of alternative techniques.

For those of you that do use MVC do you use a formal prewritten framework or
have you invented/written your own?

Here is an interesting Article by Rasmus Lerdorf on "A no Framework PHP MVC
Framework"
http://toys.lerdorf.com/archives/38-The-no-framework-PHP-MVC-framework.html

Pete Graham