[Phpwm] Securing feedback forms

Elliot Smith elliot at townx.org
Wed Nov 1 14:38:26 GMT 2006

David Goodwin wrote:
> Jonathan Adjei wrote :
>
>> Is anyone using human-readble image checks, and how much of a turn off have
>> you found them? I've just added one to a contact form and am wondering if
>> these will end up on all my sites and what impact there will be to genuine
>> usage. I personally find them a bit of a pain.

Sorry, I didn't really answer your question: how much of a turn-off are
captchas? To be honest, I'd rather put off one person in 20 and not have
to deal with spam, than have a situation where 1 in 20 comments is
genuine and the other 19 are spam. Not so important to me, because my
website isn't my livelihood: if you need every single passing contact,
maybe spam filtering isn't viable. But I'd say a trivial maths question
isn't too painful for most people. To be honest, captchas are getting to
the point where I can't read them, never mind a machine - I think the
image ones are irritating, personally.

Elliot