[Phpwm] Re: UML Related Question (Rob Allen)

Rob Allen rob at akrabat.com
Thu Oct 12 15:29:43 BST 2006

Chris Allen wrote:
> Thanks Rob, in that case, do you use anything in particular, or is is
> just a case of having it all stored in you head?
>
> I ask this as I'm trying to get a feel for other folks design processes,
> and although the adage 'whatever is best for you' applies here, it would
> be nice if I could improve my design processes, as I'm finding that a
> lot of stuff is getting missed along the way, and planning could be
> better :)

We us a combination of a wiki-like website and phpdocumentor. The docs
are fairly high level are incrementally improved as we find which bits
are more costly in terms maintenance. i.e. we don't like having to
remember the same bit twice :)

A lot of our sites design themselves in the sense that we try to resell
what we've already done, which makes life easier.

Regards,

Rob...