[Phpwm] Accessing an MS Access DB remotely.

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 12:58:22 BST 2006

> Mid-term though, I'd look into suggesting moving away from an Access
> Based database to a MySQL or MS SQL based solution, as MS Access can
> be unstable when being used by a large quantity of users at the same
> time.

I'd 'second' that; Access really doesn't behave all that well,
especially if more than one person is trying to use it at once.

Moving to use a different DB backend, but still 'Access' as the front
end is quite trivial (from what I remember) and will save you a lot of
grief. You can probably use MySQL for the 'backend', saving license
fees.