[Phpwm] installing ZIP functions

alan dunn alan at dunns.co.uk
Mon Oct 16 19:14:29 BST 2006

We are running php 5.1.2 and need to read some zip'ed files. It looks
like we don't have the ZIP functionality installed.

Reading the documentation it seems to say we have to re-install php in
order to get the zip element (--enable-zip). Is this really true?

If it is - help! We installed initially as part of 10.1 Suse Linux via
Yast, and trying to do it from the ground up appears to be a nightmare.
We tried, failed and reverted to the backup. Any help will be appreciated.
thanks, alan dunn