[Phpwm] installing ZIP functions

Dave Holmes Dave at neteffekt.co.uk
Tue Oct 17 07:42:04 BST 2006

If you think laterally there are a number of ways to do this, obviously the
first is to use the ZIP functions within PHP which do need to be compiled
in.

A word of advice would be take the time to learn how to compile PHP and it's
associated extensions otherwise you will always be at the mercy of a
packager or distro. It's not that complicated to be honest.

Failing that fall back and use the ZIP function which is pretty much defacto
on all ditros.

The attached code shows how to handle the decompress and tidy up of a ZIPPED
file upload obviously there is a lot of APP specific code surrounding it but
it should give you a good idea of what to do

Dave