[Phpwm] cakePHP vs Zend Framework vs CodeIgniter

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Sat Oct 21 10:08:05 BST 2006

<snip>

> I've spent the last few weeks (what feels like) pulling teeth getting up to
> speed using Symfony which has a massive learning curve and I'm no-where near
> feeling comfortable using it yet though most of this is down to the fact
> that I'm learning about 4 new things at once. It's obvious that it's very
> powerful, the documentation is the best I have ever seen for something so
> young (1st birthday this week) and for quick win CRUD generation it's superb
> AFAICT. I does smell a bit of rails, though.

I'd love to hear people give quick run throughs of how they find various
frameworks at a meeting (this is how we can do X, this is what we found
nasty, we've extended it like so, etc etc).

We (Pale Purple) have opted to effectively build our own based
on propel and smarty, which is so far working very well for us.

Rob has a ZF tutorial on his website, which may be of use to some -

See http://www.akrabat.com