[Phpwm] Re: My New Project

Rayhan Abdulmughnee rayhan at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 22:47:57 GMT 2006

 > I have looked at various open source CMS and have not used
 > any because they
 > either have way too much functionality or difficult to extend
 > or change to
 > meet customer requirements.

Have you taken a look at CMS Made Simple?
http://www.cmsmadesimple.org/

One caveat: I have not had the need to extend one yet so can't vouch for the
internals. It uses Smarty for templating and out of the box comes 'only'
with the ability to CRUD pages and has a file manager system.

Very simple, with a client friendly page creation and editing screens and it
spits out validating XHTML - it uses FCKeditor for WYSIWYG. Recommended for
those times where you need to hit the ground running.

I had looked at it a while ago in passing.  After reading your email took a
closer look over the weekend.  Like what I see so far.  Really like the way
tags work.  Thou, I have not been able to make any of the modules, like
forum, work.  Keep getting error messages.  I suspect I need to fiddle with
some setting somewhere.  But, do like it so far.

Thanks for the suggestion.

rayhan