[Phpwm] timeout

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Sep 6 11:01:22 BST 2006

> This is not a php issue - but one of you might have an answer!
>
> We are accessing postgres with ms access via pgsql's odbc driver.
> The link times out after a frustratingly short time. Does anyone have
> any idea where that timeout is set?
>
> thanks, alan dunn

Hi Alan,
Not an expert at doing this with Access, and there are lots of slight
annoying differences beteween different Access versions .net etc, but the
best bet would be to look at the 'connection lifetime' parameter in the odbc
connection statement.
If the remote system decides to go into sleep / hibernation it has a
tendency to lose / screw up the tcp/ip link.

Regards,