[Phpwm] PHP and LDAP

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Sep 7 07:07:49 BST 2006

<snip>
> 1) User enters their username/password in a login page.
> 2) Their details are checked against the LDAP directory.
> 3) If the username/password is invalid, they are rejected.
> 4) If the username/password are authenticated, then some session
> variables are set up and we're good to go.
>
> Relatively simple, I think. But can anyone recommend some good HOWTOs or
> similar on getting up and running with PHP and LDAP?

The LDAP authentication I've done in the past involved Horde and
PHPCalendar both talking/using the same LDAP authentication source.
In the case of Horde, it actually authenticated with the mail server -
which itself dealt with LDAP. PHPCalendar however, does (or did!) have a
relatively nice and simple login routine (it was quite easy to change
the authentication source for it, if memory serves me correctly.)

Do the following help ? :

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Cookbook/PHP/Recipe/101525

http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~jphb/php/extra/ldap.html