[Phpwm] unlinking files

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri Sep 29 14:58:32 BST 2006

> > Anyway in what I'm doing no one could upload anything approaching that
> > magnitude, it wouold be rejected much earlier.
> >

> ini_set("post_max_size", $RaNdOm_NuMbEr);
> ini_set("upload_max_filesize", $ditto);
> ini_set("memory_limit", $ditto);

Since I'm submitting images it needs to be;
<form method="post" action="<?php echo $thispage; ?>?proc=New&post=yes&<?php
echo $pagevars; ?><?=$SCRIPT_NAME; ?>" enctype="multipart/form-data"
name="formthree" id="formthree">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="<?php echo $max_upload_size
?>">

Since the $max_upload_size is generally fixed it just comes in from a
config.php file

> > I reckon my coding bulks out by about at least a 20% load due
> to my paranoia
> > about user stupidity and hacking vunerabilities! :-)
>
> Yep; that sounds probably about right.

I actually quite enjoy making it user / hacking proof, trying to work out
ways to screw up software in unexpected, unpredictable manners is quite
interesting and mentally challenging :-)

This is why I have big problems with some of the crap posted online that is
so poorly thought out and exploitable - actually getting the program to work
is just the first part of writing anything as far as I'm concerned, getting
it work safely is another matter entirely, I know how long it takes to
restore a server and get all the sites re-imported and tested. :-)

Phil