[Phpwm] Re: Postcode Database (Chris Allen)

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Mon Apr 30 10:01:57 BST 2007

Smacks of the Government's attitude to most public services - that they
should pay their way rather than providing a public service. Hence the
closing of rural post offices, restrictions on rural public transport, etc,
etc. All from a Labour government!

The main problem I see with it is the massive cost of getting access to it -
isn't that what a regulator is supposed to deal with? After all BT could
charge extortionate amounts for access to their network but they're not
allowed to by the regulator. Not that BT are a good example - they tried to
get royalties for people using hyperlinks when they once claimed they'd
invented them...

Alex