[Phpwm] Encryption

Alastair Battrick al at aj8.org
Fri Aug 17 14:59:59 BST 2007

pete graham wrote:
> Its not a high security app, it was debated whether we would even
> bother encrypting the id at all. The reason for having it is just so
> random people can't go to the site and guess id values.

So just create a random string of 30 standard (a-z A-Z 0-9) characters,
that do not need encoding in the query string.

page.php?id=23472342h342hb4trritg87jhkjhjyKJHKJH

Store this value in your database alongside the regular id, and make
sure there is a check to make sure they are unique when created.
--
Alastair Battrick
http://www.aj8.org