[Phpwm] Zend Framwork Meeting - Status Request

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 12:57:20 GMT 2007

Jujhar Singh wrote:
> Sorry I missed it, I had to get back to wolves from edgbaston and I
> figured it was better to do it while it was light.
>
> How was it?

It was good; Rob gave us a good overview of the Zend Framework, with
appropriate words of warning over which bits to use, or not, for the
moment. He covered the major components, and then went into specifics
regarding the Db_Table, Controller and View stuff.... (try and avoid
Db_Table for the time being, along with Auth and ACL, but the rest
seemed ok).

As a framework it looks quite promising, and will probably be used as
the foundation for other frameworks in the future.

Rob based his presentation on his documentation on http://www.Akrabat.com

I/We also had a look at Vista, Eclipse etc

We had 12 people turn up, with a couple of new faces - some who aren't
subscribed to this list yet, but found it from the php.net advert I
placed...

thanks