[Phpwm] youtube job requirements: senior web developer

Darren Beale public.darren.beale at siftware.co.uk
Fri Feb 9 15:29:47 GMT 2007

> * Knowledge of Continuous Integration and related technologies (ANT,
> JUnit,
> PHPUnit, Simpletest, CruiseControl, etc.).

I recently became a fully signed up Symfony fan-boy and the just released
Symfony book has an excellent chapter on unit testing:
http://www.symfony-project.com/book/trunk/15-Unit-and-Functional-Testing
Incidentally they published the hard-copy and simultaneously released the
whole book online, which is nice of them.

Symfony has it's own deployment system (see I said I was a fan-boy) but
regarding the better known build tools like ANT I've heard good things of
Capistrano (which is the Rails build tool, I believe). When spare minute > 0
I was going to have look at using it:
http://www.simplisticcomplexity.com/2006/8/16/automated-php-deployment-with-
capistrano

> * Demonstrated use and knowledge of design patterns.

You probably already use them, just have not given them names:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Design_pattern_%28computer_science%29

Regards

--
Darren Beale