[Phpwm] Content Management System requirements

Simon Ferre simon.ferre at onetwodo.co.uk
Thu Jan 11 22:53:30 GMT 2007

Hi

My friend who lives across the road has asked me if I can assist him in
setting up a website for the local club of a registered charity he is
involved in.

The charity, Phab already has a uk website, and would allow a subdomain for
his group details of up to 5Mb of web and email space (which I don't think
is a lot), but there is no mention of being able to host any database
backend there, so I could host the database backend on my own server - which
already has only a couple of low-traffic websites hosted.

I would like to use a framework or content management system to allow him
and other members to edit and create their own content (news, events, etc)
without anyone having to learn php or html coding.

There would also be a requirement for news, events, calendar, photo gallery
and probably a forum too.

Therefore, my 2 questions are:

* What system would be recommended considering the space constraint outlined
above

* Does anyone have any real-world experience of hosting the database on a
different server in terms of speed, traffic volumes etc

As ever, your thoughts are appreciated.

Many thanks

Simon Ferre