[Phpwm] [Fwd: PHP developer - lead role - read on!!]

Richard Hayes ricky at domainarena.net
Wed Jan 24 23:15:47 GMT 2007

> With file system command then yes, use commands like that by all means, if
> only for filesystem safety.
> But what happens when you get some off the wall interfacing requirement
> using a data capture card where you need to be able to configure, control,
> capture and analyse data to and from it and there's no command in PHP to
> do
> that?
>
> Don't ever allow yourself to be 100% limited by the constructs of any
> language or hardware, thats a barrier that really hurts when you run into
> it!

I couldn't agree more, but: is PHP a good example for a language which might
actually be used to "configure, control,capture and analyse data" with
hardware? If we were discussing C++ then I would agree, but since PHP was
the start of this discussion, aren't we bigging up PHP a bit too much?

Or am *I* dumbing down PHP?!

-R