[Phpwm] RE: Phpwm Digest, Vol 50, Issue 6

Chris Allen pickledegg at hotmail.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 09:56:15 GMT 2007

>I couldn't agree more, but: is PHP a good example for a language which
>might actually be used to "configure, control,capture and analyse data"
>with hardware? If we were discussing C++ then I would agree, but since PHP
>was the start of this discussion, aren't we bigging up PHP a bit too much?

>Or am *I* dumbing down PHP?!

>-R

I think your average PHP developer doesn't give a monkeys about the
underlying hardware. I would think that the closest to that would be linux
bash commands.

Obviously there are things like resources to consider, but as far as
interfacing goes, thats just not PHP right? I used to work alongside an
embedded C programmer, and I'm sure he would have never considered PHP in a
month of Sundays. Perhaps I'm opening myself up for a flaming, but I am that
'average PHP developer' in question.