[Phpwm] [Fwd: PHP developer - lead role - read on!!]

Ian Munday ian.munday at illumen.co.uk
Thu Jan 25 10:59:56 GMT 2007

On 24 Jan 2007, at 08:00, Dave Holmes wrote:

> Experience is King, to be honest I struggle to find anything from
> uni I have
> used in the real world other than the fact it taught me how to
> approach
> problems and the ability to think laterally and there are always
> more than
> one way to solve a problem.

I agree. It's the approach and awareness of the bigger picture that
university brings.

Without that, my (albeit limited) experience of those who've been
self-taught (at least in the early stages), tend to just hack at
something until it works and create maintenance headaches for
themselves down the line, be it bug-fixing, integration and
expansion, and performance.

Ian