[Phpwm] [OT]Which Linux?

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Mon Jul 30 15:48:53 BST 2007

Hi all,

Quick question.......
Whilst I'm fairly happy using Linux on a command line basis on server admin
type operations i've never actually gotten around to setting up a dedicated
system here with it on.

I've now got a spare, but very low powered, system available here which can
be used for this, so the question is whihc flavour of Linux would be be best
to install on it just to play with / learn a bit more.

I've heard a lot about Linux being happy to run on an obsolete low powered
box, so here's its chance to prove it!

System spec is P1 120Mhz, 64Mb, 4Gb Hdd, 1.44Fdd, Diamond S4 video card, ISA
Soundblaster.

I was going to use it as a wifi network translation node, but the darn USB
2.0 port and WiFi cards I bought are PCI 2.2 and this old stonker is 2.0 and
they won't boot in it, or more accurately it won't boot with them in it! :-)

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales & Operations Director

** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd.
** S/W Birmingham's Longest Established ISV & VAR
** http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web 2.0 Design & Advanced Hosting Platforms
** http://www.coeus-computica.co.uk
** Affordable Knowledgebase Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 441 3558