[Phpwm] php popularity (in order: java, c, c++, php, vb, perl, python)

Zeth Green theology at gmail.com
Wed Mar 7 23:10:35 GMT 2007

On 07/03/07, David Goodwin <david at codepoets.co.uk> wrote:
> see
> http://www.php-mag.net/magphpde/magphpde_news/psecom,id,26963,nodeid,5.html
>
> <discuss>

Well having done economics I believe all that any measurements always
have an in-built lag in representing reality. I also cannot believe
that Java and Visual basic really have such low percentages, would be
good but not sure that it is true.

Taking it at face value, All the open-source scripting languages are
doing well, Albeit starting from a low base, Python had double the
increase of PHP ;) The resurrection of Javascript is continuing apace
with double that.