[Phpwm] Job for web programmer

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri Mar 9 12:15:33 GMT 2007

> > David
> > How does the methodology of pair programming work when a person is on
> > "thinking time"?
> > In that when I am doing complex coding I will often wander off thinking
> > about what the correct methodology out of a selection of possibles might
> > actually be to tackle a problem as opposed to just sitting down
> and coding
> > the first thing that comes into my head and hoping it will work.
> >
> > Phil
> >

> I find it best to think about a complex problem away from the computer,
> sometimes away from  books or even paper and pencil.  I have found
> solutions to problems while sitting on the bus, walking down the street,
> even when visiting the loo!  Doing that sort of thing on your employer's
> premises might take some explaining!
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Peter Crouch

Yup, all of the above :-)
One of my favourites is to get into an extreme concentration mode and let my
mind wander over the problem whilst I'm apparently doing another unrelated
complex task. Then sitting down and blasting out some very tight, efficient,
code which has been almost pre-written and debugged mentally.