[Phpwm] Icons

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Mon Mar 12 16:59:31 GMT 2007

Hi all,

Been thinking as to if I should be using little graphical icons on the user
manager side my CMS system as against text links.

But a lot of the ones I have been looking at simply don't seem to be very
intuitive compared with just having a text link, in that to get anything
half decent looking they either have to be big or have a bit of text
alongside them anyway to say what they are going to do. The fact they might
look pretty compared with a text link seems to be the only point in their
favour.

Just wondered what other people do for this sort of thing - Keep it a bit
utilitarian but highly functional or prettify it and slow it all down a bit?