[Phpwm] [OT]event trigger

Paul Matthews paul.matthews.86 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 14 11:27:12 GMT 2007

On 3/14/07, Phil Beynon <phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk> wrote:

> Does anyone know how to get a javascript on-event trigger to fire from a
> right click menu paste into a form input field?
> I'd have thought that a set focus on window load might have done it, but
> it
> didnt!
> It works fine on typing into the field and ctrl V.
>
> I Googled it for a bit but didn't see anything conclusive.
>

> Regards,
>
> Phil Beynon
> Sales director
>
> ** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd. http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
> ** Professional Web Design & Cobalt Hosting Solutions
> ** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
> ** Tel / Fax 0121 441 3558

I'm not sure I know exactly what you're asking, although this might help.

I don't believe you can specify an event as details as to which item they
press in after using the right mouse button.
Perhaps this solves some of your problem though:
http://www.w3schools.com/js/tryit.asp?filename=try_dom_event_button is an
example to work out which mouse button was pressed. Then whatever you'd do
after that would be much the same as before.