[Phpwm] help with function

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Fri Mar 23 12:54:12 GMT 2007

> > $textarr[$key] = eregi_replace(quotemeta($search),........
>

> I believe you might want to stop using ereg* functions sometime in the
> near future :
>
> See the following for more (and duplicated) information.
>
> http://www.php.net/~derick/meeting-notes.html#id29
>
> http://jero.net/articles/php6
>
> http://blog.digitalstruct.com/2005/12/03/writing-for-future-php6-c
> ompatibility/
>
> http://php6dev.blogspot.com/#move-ereg-to-pecl
>
> thanks
>
> David.
> --
> David Goodwin

As I understand it from reading those it will still be available as an add in extension.
Since its been around for just about ever I would think millions of programs probably use it, a lot of which are probably no longer getting updated anymore. Its alright removing some of these things when there is a good reason as long as they are still available as an extension.