[Phpwm] Optimising javascript

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed May 9 19:34:23 BST 2007

Keith Pope wrote :

> If you are on apache 2.x use mod_deflate :)
>
> The apache manual has the directives you need to include in the httpd.conf

Indeed; although it seems you need to include the directives in every
virtual host, which makes life a bit of a pain - and drove me to having
'compiled' apache vhost files (i.e. a script reads them, and replaces a
bit between two place holders with updated 'stuff', allowing me to have
easily manageable common settings on a per vhost basis).