[Phpwm] [OT]NTP servers in XP

Phil Beynon phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Wed Nov 7 04:02:28 GMT 2007

Having noticed that my network time was off, it looks like neither of the
time.microsoft.com or time.nist.gov NTP servers actually work to service XP
update requests anymore. Quite why I don't know.
However you can add one more NTP server into the system, open date and time
properties, internet time. Overtype one of the existing server names with a
new one and click apply. Click update to test, it should come back with the
time has successfully synchronised with..... on <date> at <time>.
If you try a few and it still doesn't work then it could be a firewall
issue.
Lots of tier two NTP servers can be found here:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/StratumTwoTimeServers

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales & Operations Director

** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd.
** S/W Birmingham's Longest Established ISV & VAR
** http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web 2.0 Design & Advanced Hosting Platforms
** http://www.coeus-computica.co.uk
** Affordable Knowledgebase Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 441 3558