[Phpwm] [OT] Kaspersky Banner Blocker

Ian Munday ian.munday at illumen.co.uk
Thu Nov 8 11:40:12 GMT 2007

A colleague has Kaspersky installed on his Windows box and we've just
found out that the default firewall settings block any URLs with
which contain the word "banner".  It doesn't alert you to this (e.g.
by a popup in bottom right corner).  So that means a number of our
own sites, as well has ones such as the BBC and Chiltern Railways and
will have content blocked from a default installation of Kaspersky.

Great, thanks Kaspersky, for a thoroughly thought out feature.  Grrrr...

Regards,

Ian