[Phpwm] Zend Studio for Eclipse Beta

Rob Allen rob at akrabat.com
Thu Oct 11 10:05:32 BST 2007

Greg Jones wrote:
> I've just installed it and had a quick play around, and I'm not really
> seeing the benefits over just using PDT- I certainly wonder how much
> they plan on charging for this. Variable renaming now seems to work
> (the menu option does nothing for me in PDT...), but that seems to be
> about it.

The only benefit I've found to Neon is the code formatting settings. You
can configure just about everything in it whereas PDT's is minimal at best.

This is the full comparison:

http://www.zend.com/products/zend_studio/eclipse/compare

Not sure there's enough for me that justifies paying for it.

> PDT is nice though, massively better than PHPEclipse.

I agree.

Regards,

Rob...