[Phpwm] MySpace Applications

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 19 18:37:58 BST 2007

As many of you I'm sure have heard mySpace is following in the
footsteps of facebook and "opening up" the site so that developers can
create their own applications.
http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7050443.stm

I'm having difficulty finding much technical information about how
this will actually work, there just seems to be the press release at
the moment. Does anyone known if you will be able to write these apps
in PHP? I believe myspace was originally written in cold fusion then
was partly rewritten in ASP.NET but I could be wrong.

Also Google have similar plans for orkut
http://www.businessweek.com/technology/content/oct2007/tc2007107_530965.htm
this has the potential to be much more invovative if they provide a
really nice API to connect it to other google services (gmail, gcal,
google reader, google paypal thingy, etc).

Pete