[Phpwm] strtotime() date format

Alex Mace alex at hollytree.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 09:05:49 BST 2007

I think that is the issue - that you have some data that you want to convert
to a Unix timestamp, but the function that does it (strtotime) requires it
in the US date format. So a UK user will input it in dd/mm/yyyy but the
function wants mm/dd/yyyy. Personally, I usually give the user drop downs to
select a date to try and prevent some dodgy dates getting in and then store
it in yyyy-mm-dd as strtotime will take that as well, it's easy to store in
MySQL and you can use it to order by date...