[Phpwm] SOAP/XMLRPC/ Web services question

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Mon Apr 7 11:26:42 BST 2008

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008, David Goodwin wrote:

> So... I've made the assumption that cookies/sessions "work as normal"
> when making xmlrpc/soap calls? Is the same also true for SDO stuff?

I've been writing some PHP code recently that communicates with a remote
SOAP server. The mechanism used by this server was as follows :

1) Call a SOAP login function. This functions returns a session
key in it's XML response.
2) Call the soap functions you actually need with the session key as part
of the SOAP header.
3) Call a SOAP logout function.

Not exactly sure what would happen if the remote server was trying to use
cookies, I would assume that the client code would have to be able to cope
with this, making it more complicated to write, so the session keys are
easier to work with.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org