[Phpwm] Fw: Tutorial on Source Control and Deployment, 9th September, Leeds

Reuben Pearse reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
Fri Aug 1 14:04:35 BST 2008

Hi everyone,

IBuildings (the UK Zend distributor/reseller) are running a half-day
tutorial in Leeds on Source Control using Subversion

Please see details below

--
Reuben Pearse
Principal Technical Consultant
reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
T +44 121 428 4440   F +44 121 428 3454
PSL  The Old Sewing Factory  5a Greenfield Road  Harborne  Birmingham  B17
0ED
Registered in England No 2767006, VAT Registration No GB 614 0984 47

To find out more about our services please visit  http://www.pslconnect.com

----- Forwarded by Reuben Pearse/psl on 01/08/2008 14:05 -----
|------------>
| From:      |
|------------>
  |Ibuildings - The PHP Professionals <uk at ibuildings.com>                                                                                            |
|------------>
| To:        |
|------------>
  |reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com                                                                                                                      |
|------------>
| Date:      |
|------------>
  |01/08/2008 13:54                                                                                                                                  |
|------------>
| Subject:   |
|------------>
  |Tutorial on Source Control and Deployment, 9th September, Leeds                                                                                   |

 Invitation

                        Tutorial: Source Control and Deployment

                                Date: 9th September 2008
                                   Time: 9:00 - 13:00
                           Location: Princes Exchange, Leeds
                         Speaker: Lorna Mitchell, Ibuildings UK

 Dear Reuben,

 Source Control is a vital ingredient in any development process, as are easy and
 reliable deployment methods. Join us for a look at how subversion can be harnessed to
 not only manage under-construction projects, but also to assist deployments to testing
 and production environments.

 Ibuildings are holding a half-day tutorial on Source Control and Deployment on 9th
 September 2008, from 9 am to 1 pm, at Princes Exchange, Leeds.

 During this tutorial, you will learn about source control concepts and how these can
 fit into your organisation and the overall best practices picture, including
 deployment. We will take a detailed look at the Subversion package for source control,
 with particular emphasis on fitting this tool into the existing processes and
 environments within organisations. In particular, we will examine access methods and
 available tools for subversion, in addition to the overview of using source control.
 We will move on to discuss how this and other tools can help with deployment
 strategies and to examine issues around database versioning and the need for rollback
 facilities. After the two sessions, you will be confident with the Subversion tool and
 with using and troubleshooting operations, and will have had the opportunity to hear
 about and discuss issues around implementation and access control - including social
 aspects of introducing changes to an existing development process.

 Finally, we will take a look at some of the Zend solutions and the ways they can help
 your development team to achieve better results in less time.

 Lorna Mitchell is a Senior Developer at Ibuildings, a Zend Certified Engineer and a
 senior member for phpwomen.org in Europe.

 Cost: £50 + VAT per attendee (including coffee/tea and lunch)
 Early-bird offer: Sign up by 15th August, and receive a free copy of the new php|
 architect book on Enterprise PHP, written by our CTO, Ivo Jansch.

 To reserve your place at the seminar, fill in your details on this online form.
 Payment details will be sent in a separate email after registration.

 We look forward to seeing you there!

 The Ibuildings Team
 Still using PHP4?

 The PHP community will stop providing security fixes for PHP4 on 8th August 2008.

 Migration may seem like a trivial task; however, it is not a task to be taken lightly.
 An application needs to be properly migrated and tested. The bigger the application
 is, the more time consuming this is. It's important to do it before 8th August.
 Applications still using PHP4 after that are in danger of being hacked.

 Ibuildings has a qualified set of Zend Certified Engineers with migration experience.
 We use a structured way to migrate and test an application, and we can help implement
 the new features to benefit the most from what PHP5 has to offer. Using our
 experience, you not only save precious time, but you can rest assured that the
 migration is done properly and that the migration process will be smooth.

 Contact us now on 0208 359 1214, or send an email to uk at ibuildings.com, and save
 yourself and your application from a lot of trouble!
 About Ibuildings

 Established in 1999, Ibuildings is the leading PHP authority in the UK and The
 Netherlands, and is also the proud representative of Zend Technologies. We assist
 organisations that deploy mission-critical LAMP technology. Ibuildings offers a
 comprehensive range of PHP services including consulting on best practices, Zend PHP
 training, application audits, and application development.
 Contact Us

 Ibuildings UK
 uk at ibuildings.com
 +44 (0)208 359 1214

 Stirling House
 9 Burroughs Gardens
 London NW4 4AU
 United Kingdom

 Opt-out: If you have received this e-mail in error, or no longer wish to receive
 information from Ibuildings please opt-out from all future communications using the
 button below and then delete this message from your system. To opt-out from all future
 communications Click Here

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient or person  responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you have received this communication in error and must not
distribute or copy it.  Please accept the  sender's apologies, notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication. Thank
you.