[Phpwm] Intranet Google Apps Integration

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:28:49 UTC 2008

Hi Everybody,

I currently working on a intranet which I'm looking to integrate with
Google Apps. I've started researching into the Google Apps API and was
wondering if anybody had experience of working with it?

Our intranet is Drupal based, ideally I'd like to get a single sign-on
point where the user only needs to auth with our intranet and
afterward can access Google Apps (need to investigate using SAML
further). I'm also interested in the possibility of embedding Google
Apps tools, such as the calendar, inside a custom intranet/app.

I've been very impressed with Google Apps from my brief usage of it. I
thought this subject was worth posting to the list as many companies
must be in the same situation: looking to move to web-based services
to save on expensive software licenses, not to mention the superior
user collaboration such services provide.

PHP (and Drupal/your favorite framework) are very powerful
technologies, if solutions can be found to effectively integrate
custom apps/intranets written in PHP with the wealth of features and
"polish" of Google Apps then I think this could be incredibly useful.

Would be interested to here your opinions on these topics,
Thanks Pete

ps. If anyone has experience of integrating Google Apps with Trac I'd
be interested to know also, as we use this too.