[Phpwm] MySQL 3!!!

pete graham petegraham1 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:44:59 GMT 2008

On 09/01/2008, Lester Caine <lester at lsces.co.uk> wrote:
> I'd seriously suggest walking away.

This isn't an option, the project is for a large client and
development on the interactive front-end (flash based, majority of the
site) has been started.

> The security vulnerabilities in that old a set-up would only be acceptable if
> it's not actually connected to the internet.
> I'm finding customers who refused to accept Linux a few years ago are now
> actively migrating problem Windows servers to it, but you need to be running
> the latest versions to ensure safety of the systems and half of the reason for
> changing is to improve server security.
>
> And PHP4 is not recommended for new work now that it's finally been frozen
> ready to be end of lifed.

I'm well aware of this. I think the client must have other sites being
hosted on their server and this is why they don't want to upgrade
their setup.

Pete