[Phpwm] [OT] JavaScript New Window with no Chrome

Greg Jones greg.jones at gmail.com
Mon Mar 3 22:49:19 GMT 2008

On Mon, 03 Mar 2008 19:44:20 -0000, pete graham <petegraham1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I need some JavaScript so I can launch a new browser window with no
> browser chrome (titlebar, tabs, etc).
>
> It's import that the solution is cross-browser, is this possible using
> one of those nice JS frameworks (jQuery, mooTools, etc).

Hi Pete,

You can't get rid of the titlebar unfortunately, but window.open with the
various options set to "no" will get rid of all of the menus (location,
status, toolbar, menubar off the top of my head) and scrollbars, not aware
that any of the main libraries go to the effort of wrapping it...

Greg