[Phpwm] Next Meeting: Caching for Performance - Rob Allen - May 12th

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Sat Apr 25 18:49:33 UTC 2009

Hi,

The next meeting will be a technical talk by Rob Allen - 'Caching for
Performance'

Rob will be giving this talk at the Dutch PHP conference -
see http://phpconference.nl/schedule/talks#DPC0906

Blurb:A

"More, now than ever, websites need fast response times and be able to
cope under load. As web pages contain more and more dynamically
generated content, the challenge is on for PHP developers to develop
efficient caching solutions. This presentation will focus on using
caching techniques that can be used in a PHP project to increase the
performance of a web site. We will look at a variety of caching
techniques, showing practical implementations and before and after
statistics. We will also cover the cache storage options available and
when you might use one over another. We will also address how to get
browsers to cache content for us using HTTP headers."

Venue: TBC (Suggestions welcome)
        - Bromsgrove (Pale Purple's office, would probably have
          trouble fitting more than 8-12, I think)
        - Publike venue?
        - Senokian?
        - Somewhere else in Birmingham?

Date: Tuesday 12th May 2009, 19:30