[Phpwm] Covert PHP from a Web based app to Client based

sukh virdee sukh_virdee at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 20 10:15:09 UTC 2009

Yes of course.. using the "lite" versions of apache and mysql! I've already got this set up on my slug years ago!

Thanks for your suggestions.

Regards,
Sukh

Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:43:41 +0000
From: stormys at gmail.com
To: phpwm at mailman.lug.org.uk
Subject: Re: [Phpwm] Covert PHP from a Web based app to Client based

Suprised noone's pointed out Xampp - http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

Portable apache/mysql and all that jazz, essentially put it on a PC or USB stick, run the application and it turns your box into an instant webserver.

2009/2/19 Darren Beale <public.darren.beale at siftware.co.uk>

Ø  Is it possible to
convert a PHP web based application into one that can be distributed on CD and
either run from the CD or installed onto a windows machine?

That old chestnut.

We've done this for
clients in the past by creating a VMware virtual machine and running everything
off that. Works well for things like running on salespeople's laptops at exhibition
stands with no networking capabilities. No conversion needed.

Supporting it can be a PITA,
though, but if they are paying it's fine.

db

Phpwm at mailman.lug.org.uk