[Phpwm] wysiwig editor

Lester Caine lester at lsces.co.uk
Thu Mar 5 13:08:02 UTC 2009

Tim Williams wrote:
> Structurally word docs, and all other competing office software formats
> are very different from HTML. Translating the one to the other in a
> reliable and consistent way is probably impossible because of the inherent
> differences. If your client wants to put up word docs you would be better
> off building in an automatic pdf conversion utility and then tell them to
> upload the document whole.

Seconded
I get a lot of stuff in in DOC format, and it's simply not suitable for
using on html pages. You can't expect the formatting included with the
word document to have any match with that of the html style.

Using an html output from word is equally impractical with the vast
amount of style entries it's almost impossible to even find the text.

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL