[Phpwm] wysiwig editor

Mike Tipping mike at etuna.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 08:54:28 UTC 2009

I use TinyMCE in my CMS. The problem is all the span tags and word styles
that go over from word. I have oje customer who manages to paste from word
and get the complete word style sheet in what they have pasted which really
screws things up.

...Having said that if you configure the paste from word button correectly
to strip out all span tags and probbaly all other HTML mark up you should be
ok

...Having said that I obviously don¹t have it configured properly because
for my users it still pastes word junk, bit difficult to test though because
it works perfectly when I paste from mac:Word2004.

I looked at JCE following an earlier post and it has a Paste from word
button too, but it looks (the button, the dialog that pops up) exactly the
same as the one in TinyMCE so I would guess it is a plugin written by the
same same person and therefore the same as TinyMCE.

Also... As one of the few people who went to the PHP on Windows talk at PHP
London last week I can tell you ³Microsoft are taking PHP very seriously and
if you have any thoughts, email them and they will listen² or so the bloke
says. As of PHP 5.3 they are managing the development of PHP for windows and
are going to launch libraries to read and write word and excel files in PHP
(but possibly only if the windows version of PHP) so maybe there will be an
answer soon.

Cheers

Mike