[Phpwm] wysiwig editor

Andy Cowan andy at w4.co.uk
Fri Mar 6 11:09:33 UTC 2009

But isn’t it likely that the ‘open source’ bits that Microsoft contribute will just be wrappers onto Windows APIs – like MSSQL, Word, Excel etc? This would mean that the Linux/Max developer wouldn’t be able to port them to Linux as the DLLs won’t exist. So the Windows version of PHP will just diverge away from the other platforms... before you know it, the tool developers will say it’s not worth supporting ‘minority’ platforms like Linux and Mac, and PHP is effectively Windows only.

And currently I’m running some live sites using PHP/Apache on windows. Is it not likely that the new versions of PHP on Win will be tied to IIS?

A.