[Phpwm] calendar app - using iCalendar for exports(/imports)

Kevin Portman developerkev at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 12 11:33:39 UTC 2009

Hi All

I’ve been following the phpwm mailing list for the last month and have
found it to be an invaluable resource!

We’re researching a new calendar project for a client and are looking
at transferring calendar data from our system to the clients calendars
(and possibly back again). This will of course need to work with
Outlook, but will also need to be cross-platform and support as many
calendar applications as possible. We’ve been looking at the iCalendar
format for sending this data.

Will iCalendar do the job or are there any possible problems we may
face? If anyone has any comments or alternative suggestions I’d be
very happy to hear them.

Thanks in advance,
Kevin