[Phpwm] [phpwm] Best js compression techniques?

phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk phil at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
Mon Nov 30 17:32:23 UTC 2009

> Gavin Kimpson wrote:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I'm building a web application that is kinda heavy on the javascript -
> > and there does seem some slowdown because of it, what techniques do
> > you guys use to 'speed up' your javascript in your web-apps?
> >
> > Cheers
>

> a) make sure Apache / whatever gzip compresses it as it goes out
> b) make sure Apache / whatever sets good expirey headers (i.e. some time
> in the future)
> c) host the JS files on a different domain name (or use e.g. Google's JS
> library hosting)
>

> There are obviously whitespace removers/minifiers etc, but I'd expect
> them to not be all that better than e.g. mod_deflate on apache
>
> David.
>
> --
> David Goodwin
>
> [ david at codepoets dot co dot uk ]
> [ http://www.codepoets.co.uk       ]

> 11/29/09 19:31:00

Use small chunks of JavaScript repetitively that the browser thus caches.

Regards,

Phil Beynon
Sales & Operations Director

** Infolink Electronic Systems Ltd.
** S/W Birmingham's Longest Established ISV & VAR
** http://www.infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Professional Web 2.0 Design & Advanced Hosting Platforms
** http://www.coeus-computica.co.uk
** Affordable Knowledgebase Solutions
** Contact: Sales at infolinkelectronics.co.uk
** Tel / Fax 0121 441 3558