[Phpwm] PHP Website load times in Firefox

Andy Cowan andy at w4.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 11:53:03 UTC 2009

It does. You're right David.

And with persistent connections on (which is the default), the
mysql_connect() and mysql_select_db() won't actually do anything either
- PHP will just reuse the existing connection.

My money is on a DNS issue. Specifically something like a reverse DNS
lookup. DNS lookups timeout after exactly 30 seconds. 2 minutes exactly
is obviously a multiple of 30 secs.

A.