[Phpwm] PHP Website load times in Firefox

Mike Tipping mike at etuna.co.uk
Fri Oct 2 11:58:49 UTC 2009

I was already using the IP address, but as MYSQL is on the same server I've
changed it to localhost (and added a new @localhost user) and it's made a
huge difference. Loads quickly now. Very odd.

So possible it was going out through a now is doing the connection
internally? But why was my computer the only one with a problem?

As general practice do other people do a DB connection and select at the
start of the app or as and when required?

Cheers

Mike