[Phpwm] job: Bath, Contact - PHP + Python etc

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Sep 17 08:37:54 UTC 2009

See below.

- -------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	*URGENT- Contract PHP, Python Developer- Bath Based*
Date: 	Thu, 17 Sep 2009 08:35:13 +0100
From: 	Bevington, Guy <g.bevington at pathwayresourcing.com>

www.pathwayresourcing.com <http://www.pathwayresourcing.com>

Dear David,

I hope you are well, I am writing to make you aware of an URGENT
contract Developer role I am currently recruiting for. My Bath based
Digital Agency are looking for a Developer to come on board and help
deliver several pending end-client projects.

The are looking for someone who can work well within a team and has the
ability to communicate well colleagues and occasionally clients. You
must be able to learn and adapt quickly to new technologies. It is
important that you understand and interpret briefs, whether directly
from the client or from the Project Manager or Account Manager and
deliver the best possible product for the client, at all times within
the commercial and time restraints.

Essential skills & experience they seek consists of:
• PHP 5, experience with CakePHP or other framework(s) a plus
• Python, experience with the Django framework a plus
• OOP theory and application
• Working with version control systems, preferably SVN
• MySQL and/or PostgreSQL
• Relational database design and optimisation
• E-commerce, experience with Magento a plus

Preferred skills & experience:
Some knowledge and/or experience of the following languages and
frameworks is preferred:
• (X)HTML, CSS, Javascript
• Perl
• WordPress
• .Net (preferably VB. Net), preferably in conjunction with SQL Server

SysAdmin essential experience:
• Linux preferably Debian/Ubuntu
• Comfortable on the command line
• MySQL
• PostgreSQL
• Apache
• DNS (third party) management
• Exposure to MS Server 2003 and ISS, MSSQL

SysAdmin preferred experience:
• Database replication
• IP Failover
• Nagios monitoring
• IMail a plus

Rates for this role will be dependant upon experience.

This is an urgent requirement, so if you think you are suitable for this
role then please apply with an up to date version of your CV. Interviews
will be available from tomorrow with a start date of MONDAY next week
for the correct candidate.

Kind Regards,

Guy Bevington
Pathway