[Phpwm] SVN training

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Thu Apr 15 09:40:29 UTC 2010

On 15/04/10 10:27, Stephen Orr wrote:
> David,
>
> Of those - which do you prefer? I'm trying to push for a move away from
> Subversion here, since we have about 6 years of accumulated history
> making it dog slow whenever we have to merge...
>
> Steve

Well... at the moment I/we use Subversion; Peter [aka Moo-git] keeps
saying "It works in Git" or "Git is better...." and so on....

So it seems quite likely we [palepurple] will move to using git-svn,
until I'm brave enough to move trac over to using git as it's backend.

 From a git point of view, we've had pretty good feedback on the
projects we've released on github - namely, we had made the svn
repository available to the world for a number of years (read-only) and
I don't think we had any patches. After moving the project to github we
had 2 patches in as almost many weeks.

thanks,