[Phpwm] Alternative browsers

Tim Williams T.M.Williams at cs.bham.ac.uk
Tue Aug 3 09:36:20 UTC 2010

On Sun, 1 Aug 2010, Simon Emms wrote:

> For the record, I quite like IE8. IE6 is a pain in the arse and I refuse to
> support it

I write quite a lot of complex javascript and have yet to notice the
difference between IE 6 and IE 8, every javascript bug/problem I have had
with IE 6 still seems to be present on IE 8.

> Good way of testing multiple OS's (and, by extension, browsers) is using Sun
> Virtual Machine. Which is frS

I have 3 real computers, one of which also has vmware to provide a variety
of test setups, primarily because I do a lot of stuff with plugins which
needs extra testing. I've also started testing on mobile browsers, in my
case the one that comes with Symbian S60 5th edition (which is what I have
on my phone).

If you are only doing straight web pages, then all you should need is IE
+ Firefox + W3C validator. I use the firefox HTML validator extension :

http://users.skynet.be/mgueury/mozilla/

which is highly reccomended. If the pages validate, they should work on
everything, although the IE check is still necessary.

Tim W

--
Tim Williams BSc MSc MBCS - Euromotor Autotrain
Web : http://www.autotrain.org