[Phpwm] Hi

David Goodwin david at codepoets.co.uk
Wed Jan 6 12:51:02 UTC 2010

> From talking to some of my coder friends I'm getting the impression
> that while php is a good language there are a lot of people making bad
> php code out there. Does that sound like a fair assesment?
>
> John.

Yes. But people can make a mess with any language :)

PHP is so (relatively) easy for people to learn, therefore there are a
lot of people with enough knowledge to shoot themselves accidentally.
Many PHP programmers haven't had any formal training and tend to take a
copy+paste approach to programming with poor structure/testing/design -
it works, and they're happy... but it doesn't scale and isn't easy for
others to maintain.